Complaint Review: liberty auto plaza Robert T

• liberty auto plaza Robert T
    920 s milwaukee
    libertyville, Illinois
    United States of America

liberty auto plaza Robert T jacked up the price of the car 10000 libertyville, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: That's the problem.

*Author of original report: I was being a smart shopper!!

*Consumer Comment: Without Your Knowledge?

I was jerked around at the dealership for many hours and then givin the car without paperwork done due to cosigner not being there. The next day met with my cosigner the salesman/credit guy and before I left with his fast talking had the car in cosingers name alone and before we caught on she signed and he had added 10000 to the price of the car!!! I don't know what to do now the car is not in my name and the price is now almost the price for new model and it is several years old!! Help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2011 01:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/liberty-auto-plaza-robert-t/libertyville-illinois-60078/liberty-auto-plaza-robert-t-jacked-up-the-price-of-the-car-10000-libertyville-illinois-701570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

That's the problem.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"had full intention on reading what I signed but..."

No buts.    It appears that neither you or your co-signer read the contracts before signing.  Otherwise you wouldn't be here.   Sleazy dealers know that when they get someone who doesn't read what they're signing, they can pretty much make whatever deal they want.   They know you will not have any recourse because a signed contract takes precedence over anything you claimed you agreed to verbally.

This isn't an isolated incident with just this dealer.   What you describe is common in the industry.

I was being a smart shopper!!

AUTHOR: speedrules - (United States of America)

I seen the price of the car in the window and had full intention on reading what I signed but didn't get that chance my 76 year old mother was just supposed to co-sign and I would have read before I put my signature on there but he switched it around and put the car just in her name!

Without Your Knowledge?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You signed a contract...did you read what you were signing before you signed it? Car dealers do this crap because they know the average person won't take any time to read what they are signing. You say you were there for hours. Why did you agree to be treated this way? You sent them a clear cut message you were an easy mark. Next time, learn what it takes to be a smart consumer.