Complaint Review: Lifetime Smiles

• Lifetime Smiles
    2100 W William Cannon Ste C Austin, TX 78745
    Austin, Texas
    United States of America

Lifetime Smiles Complete Scam: Charges $400 to Customer for Rescheduling Appointment Austin, Texas

*Author of original report: Problem Was Solved by Manager

Came here with a livingsocial deal to get my teeth cleaned.  Not a bad job.  Afterwards, the dentist proceeded to tell me about $1200 of work I "needed" to get done.  They quickly referred me to their booking office where I was pressured into making an appointment that very day! Telling them that I needed to contact my insurance, I got them to agree to an appointment the next week.

I am a law student and extremely busy.  I called them 24 hours in advance (24 hours exactly, in fact) to reschedule for after my exams (the first time rescheduling, btw), I was told then that their cancellation policy is 48 hours and that I would be charged FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS because there was "nothing they could do about it."  WOW.  They then told me that if I did not pay them, they would refer me to a collection agency and affect my credit score.  They should have hired a hitman and broken my legs too, because that is how crippling losing 400 dollars is to a poor student. Way to go Lifetime Smiles, you've lost a customer, warranted a bad review, and ripped off a poor graduate student - the most short-term, narrow sighted business policy I have ever seen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lifetime-smiles/austin-texas-78745/lifetime-smiles-complete-scam-charges-400-to-customer-for-rescheduling-appointment-aust-1044544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Problem Was Solved by Manager

AUTHOR: yanwen.ji - ()

I was contacted by the owner of LifeTime Smiles and they removed the charge.