Complaint Review: Local Records Office Norwalk, CA ox 509

• Submitted: Sat, December 08, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 08, 2012
  • Reported By: Sapphiretyger — Tucson Arizona U.S.A.
  • Local Records Office Norwalk, CA ox 509
    PO Box 509
    Norwalk, California
    United States of America

Local Records Office Norwalk, CA ox 509 FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!! Norwalk , California

Shortly after buying my home I received an official looking request from "Local Records Office" for $89 in order to receive records, including the title deed, of my new home. The request included a warning that if I did not respond within 30 days, I would not receive these records, and that this was my ONLY opportunity to do so.

It was only after I sent the money, and received two MORE such requests from different companies, and read the "disclaimer" which stated that the company in question was not affiliated with any state or county records, that I began to wonder.

My check was cashed within days; however, it took two months to receive the documents. Hmmmm suddenly "Local Records Office" had a Norwalk California address (PO Box of course) and a disclaimer that it was not affiliated ... etc. As well, the very next day, I received the ORIGINAL copies of the documents they sent, from my title company.

I had been duped. And I am angry! This company acquires what is apparently public record on a newly bought home and sells a copy of it to a naive homeowner. I am also reporting them to the BBB although I am sure there is some sort of loophole (that disclaimer probably) that allowed them to do this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2012 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/local-records-office-norwalk-ca-ox-509/norwalk-california-90651/local-records-office-norwalk-ca-ox-509-fake-fake-fake-norwalk-california-979576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content