Complaint Review: Long Distance Movers, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, October 11, 2017
  • Updated: Wed, October 11, 2017
  • Reported By: Alyssa — Sunny Isles Beach Florida USA
  • Long Distance Movers, Inc.
    4731 W Atlantic Ave. Ste 14
    Delray Beach, Florida
    USA

Long Distance Movers, Inc. AND Integrated Moving Solutions Bait and Switch: Moving brokers tried to extort almost $700 over moving estimate for one-bedroom apartment Delray Beach Florida

I hired Long Distance Movers, Inc. in July 2017 to move my one-bedroom apartment. The Binding Moving Estimate included up to 2000 pounds of items. I compiled an extremely detailed inventory of our things (we don't have a lot of possessions) and weighed each item/box. We were under the weight by approx. 800 pounds. Long Distance Movers had my list in early July and again four days before the move (on Oct. 3).

At no point did any employee of LDM say that any of my items would require an additional payment. They sent a third-party company to pick up my things. My sister was there with my inventory list and the movers left her a copy of their inventory list that they compiled as they loaded my things on the truck. Those two lists match (save for some small differences in wording - "plastic tote" instead of "plastic box", for example.

Five hours after they left, I received a text message from the contractor, Integrated Moving Solutions, Inc, saying that I owed them an extra $686 dollars because they collected "10 extra items". [continued below]....

..... When I asked what items they were referring to, they only said "suitcases and kitchen stools".  Those suitcases and kitchen stools were on my inventory list. When I contacted Long Distance Movers the next Monday, they said that I signed off on a Binding Moving Estimate that contained a very different inventory list on Oct. 4. This is a complete lie. They had my inventory list on Oct 3 and I can't be held liable for them not transmitting that list properly to their contractors.

Do not use this company. You will have no control over what they charge you, who picks up your things, and if/when you will ever get your items back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2017 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/long-distance-movers-inc/delray-beach-florida-33445/long-distance-movers-inc-and-integrated-moving-solutions-bait-and-switch-moving-broker-1405746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content