Complaint Review: MagicJackPLUS

Internet
    United States of America

MagicJackPLUS Rip off from MagicJackPLUS, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like a QoS issue

MagicJackPLUS' TV commercial promises all kinds of free calling and that is a lie. The first 4-5 months the product worked within what I considered an acceptable number of dropped calls when I considered that my phone bill for the next five years would be about $5.00/mo.

All of a sudden got a message that I was not connecting to the internet via router. I was using the MagicJackPLUS from the wall mount, connection with phone, connected via router.

Went on line to trouble shoot with techs. The first did her job by going to my Belkin router's set-up web page. Well, she could not fix the problem and sent me to a tech higher up. Well this tech did a couple of different things and talked with me a bit but essentially did the same things on my Belkin router's set-up web page. Then she put up a link and suggested a web site or two and in the meantime I clicked on the link. Lo and behold, for $30USD we can fix your router. Bullshit.

I then connected the MagicJackPLUS to my system unit. It worked for about a week, then started dropping calls and finally, on a tech call to one of my PC protection apps our call was dropped 7 times in 40 minutes. MagicJackPLUS will not refund my money. They guarantee it will work from wall or on system unit. I do not consider dropping calls several times per call a phone service. I consider that a rip off!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2012 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/magicjackplus/internet/magicjackplus-rip-off-from-magicjackplus-internet-898810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Sounds like a QoS issue

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

If you are dropping a lot of calls check out the QoS settings on your router. Check out the Belkin website or any kind of technical support on what to do if you have a Magic Jack.

Another option would be to check out the settings on your antivirus or PC protection software. The protection program may be causing issues as well.