Complaint Review: Mariner Car Wash

• Mariner Car Wash
    3338 4th Street N
    St Petersburg, Florida
    USA

Mariner Car Wash Overcharges Customer's On Gas - Charges Extra Gallons!!!! St Petersburg Florida

I recently visited this car wash to get my car washed and fill up on gas, as they also are a gas station. The gas pump said I only pumped 17.5 gallons at $3.809/gal. However my receipt says I pumped 20.664 gallons at $3.809/gal. How did I know I was being ripped off? I drive a car with an 18 gallon max tank! How is it possible that I pumped 3 extra gallons into my tank?!

I confronted the manager and he was not receptive to my story. However the pump clearly read 17.5 gallons were pumped and the receipt clearly read that I was charged 20.664 gallons. He told me it was a mixture of computer and human error (their staff), but would not refund me the difference in money. Do not support this business - they are ripping off customers who pump gas!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2014 06:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mariner-car-wash/st-petersburg-florida-33704/mariner-car-wash-overcharges-customers-on-gas-charges-extra-gallons-st-petersburg-1140998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content