Complaint Review: Megabus

• Megabus

Nationwide
    USA

Megabus Ripoff INDIANAPOLIS IN

I bought a Megabus ticket 32-5587-020517-M6R-1730-IND-UOC for a friend on February 3rd 2017 to return to Cincinatti Ohio from Indianapolis at 5.30pm on Sunday the 5th. We got to the bus station at 5.10pm and saw a bus departing. We were sure that couldn't have been the bus since we were warned to arrive at least 15mins early for the 5.30pm departure time. I dropped her off thinking that the bus was still on its way. I got back home and got a call from my friend that there was no bus coming. I called Megabus 1-877-462-6342 and was told very coldly that the bus left on time. I informed the representative that we got their on time and there was no way the bus would have left without picking my friend at the dedicated bus stop.

I asked if she could use the same ticket for the next bus at 8.20pm and she said I couldn't and would have to by another ticket. I did not want my friend stranded and so I bought another megabus ticket 56-1568-020517-M6R-2020-IND-UOC for the 8.20pm ride. I drove back downtown so she could stay in my car and wait for the 8.20pm bus. The bus arrived at 7.48pm and she walked up to the driver and complained about her initial experience and he did not give any answer for her. To both our surprise, the bus left at 7.49pm without waiting to see if other customers for the same 8.20pm ride showed up. We realized what had happen to us earlier in the evening. I called Megabus back for my refund on the first payment and was told that the bus left on time and that they would not be refunding my money. This is a total rip-off. I will never do business with Megabus again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2017 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/megabus/nationwide/megabus-ripoff-indianapolis-in-1354241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content