Complaint Review: Mel Clayton Ford

1550 E. Camelback Road
    Phoenix,, Arizona

Mel Clayton Ford ripoff sold a used car as new Phoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Yes, Help Is Out There

I went to Mel Clayton ford to buy a new ford ranger. They told me that they had a used one with 6000 miles on it; an it was a 2007. I took it for a test drive it was what I wanted: they gave me an great deal on this truck.. Now they told me to bring it back the next day and they would update my paper work. I went back and this is when they told me that they could not sell me the truck "something about the title". I said ok do you have a new one. They said yes. They got another truck out I just looked at real quick, and said ok, now the salesman said it had 8 miles on it. I agree to a price. I said I would be back the next day to pick it up. When I came back on Monday to get the Truck, I decide to take it for a test drive. I looked at the odometer and it had 2,800 miles. I was a little shock, so we then started to work out another price for the truck. This is what they told me that the truck was used by the dealer just to make short trips, and that the title was clear and it was new and my warranty would start the day I bought the truck. But that is not the case I found the registration from the pervious owner in the glove box. Ford Motor company told me that my warranty started 02/27/2007. Funny I bought the truck on May 30 2007. Ok I accepted that I still got a great deal on the truck. As I was driving home I noticed a small crack on the windshield then when I got home I did a walk around found several scratches in the paint. I called them up told them about some of the defects and I would like them to fixed it. They did give me a hard time at first but I told them I bought a new truck not a used and it was not as is. They agreed to do so. well I got a new windshield, there body shop ruin my left rear quarter panel. and it been two weeks now and I still do not have my truck yet . Can someone out there help me.

Chris
phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2007 10:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mel-clayton-ford/phoenix-arizona-85301/mel-clayton-ford-ripoff-sold-a-used-car-as-new-phoenix-arizona-254625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Yes, Help Is Out There

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Check your paperwork. Make sure the 'NEW Vehicle' box is checked. Then, file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and the Department of Motor Vehicles. It is illegal to sell a used car as new.