Report: #619083

Complaint Review: Melissa's Car Wash

• Submitted: Wed, June 30, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, June 30, 2010
  • Reported By: Deborah — Ormond Beach Florida U.S.A.
  • Melissa's Car Wash
    1330 Beville Road
    Internet
    United States of America

Melissa's Car Wash Damaged My Vehicle:Management Denies Responsibility , Internet

On June 3,2010, I attempted to wash my vehicle at Melissa's Car Wash using the self service wand because I did not want my vehicle damaged by brushes.

My dollar bills were all creased and the change machine would not accept them so I swiped my Visa card.  I tried to use the power washer type wand, but it didn't work, so I swiped my credit card again, thinking that the first swipe didn't take. The second time around, the wand just sputtered, even after numerous turns of dials and pressing the  start button. There were no directions, so I gave in and decided to use the automated bay.

I paid again with my Visa card, and after stating that I had paid, I was asked if I wanted a receipt and to press the "REFUND" button. Both my mother and I searched for the button, but couldn't find it.  And after I had already paid, we saw a sheet of paper taped to the right of the menu stating that there was no attendant on duty. So much for my $4 for the 2 car washed that I didn't get.

I followed the blinking green light that instructed me to drive forward. I kept driving forward until the machine hit the left front bumper of my vehicle.

There is about $2000 worth of damage--management took more than 24 hours to respond to my complaint and then summarily dismissed it, stating that they are not liable. Well, I beg to differ, and will see them in court.

Caveat-buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2010 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/melissas-car-wash/internet/melissas-car-wash-damaged-my-vehiclemanagement-denies-responsibility-internet-619083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content