Complaint Review: metro pcs

22118 coolidge
    oak park, Michigan
    United States of America

metro pcs REBATE RIP-OFF oak park, Michigan

I go into the metro pcs store I've gone in for years and I ask about a cell phone that's advertised as $29.00. The clerk tells me it costs $59.00 but comes with a $30.00 rebate.

They ask if I have existing service I say yes. They tell me the final cost will be $73.00.

I'm confused at this point. The clerk informs me that there is a $10.00 fee for them to fill out the rebate form and mai it off. I say no thanks I can do it and then he says we'll transfer your pictures and contacts, which is what the other $10.00 is for.

I know how to fill out a rebate form I do it all the time being a TMobile customer (free of charge)

the cell phone wasn't for me, it was for a friend who had a stroke, can't see so well so he doesn't have pictures in his phone and as far as contacts go-all he needed to do was have some one put them in his new phone, he wasn't t rading his phone in.

The clerk would not say that they are required to do these things, he just looked at me as if he wished I'd leave his store, a customer had come in.

When i was a metro pcs customer I upgraded my phone at home myself-I never had to pay for that.

All you have to do is call the customer svc number and give them your password, serial numbers of new phone and its done.

The rebate is really $10.00 and you have to pay $20.00 to get it. RIP-OFF!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2012 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/metro-pcs/oak-park-michigan-48237/metro-pcs-rebate-rip-off-oak-park-michigan-858848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content