Complaint Review: MFA Magazine Sales

• MFA Magazine Sales
    PO Box 2243
    Buford, Georgia
    United States of America

MFA Magazine Sales Majestic Sales LLC, Marquis Fulfillment Agency Magazine Sales Scam Buford, Georgia

Two youngish men showed up at my door claiming to be neighbors and trying to ear money for a trip to London to do an internship with John Cleese at the BBC. The main one selling claimed his mother lived around the corner, "You may know my mother, Linda - she lives around the corner and walks her golden retriever every morning" his friend had his arm in a cast from what they told me was a spider bite that required surgery. Anyway, they were relentless and I was tired. I just wanted them to leave.

So I stupidly gave in and agreed to a subscription for a "girl" that would be donated to a Children's Hospital in Fresno - where the seller's father volunteered. I live a few hours away from Fresno so this all seemed strange. I had a really bad feeling about it at the time but I really just wanted them to leave. They reeked of cigarettes too. Now I'm in the process of cancelling the check and changing my bank account number. They now have my name, address, and bank information which is really scary to me. I feel really stupid for agreeing to this in the first place, but they wouldn't leave easily. I also bought a no solicitors sign which hopefully will deter this in from happening again in the future. Very smooth talking, creepy salespeople.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2012 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mfa-magazine-sales/buford-georgia-30515/mfa-magazine-sales-majestic-sales-llc-marquis-fulfillment-agency-magazine-sales-scam-bufo-855726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content