Complaint Review: Motherhood Maternity Store

• Motherhood Maternity Store
    100 Robinson Centre Drive
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Motherhood Maternity Store Getting Scammed out of $20 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: I encountered the same scam in March 2010.

I purchased a shirt at the Motherhood maternity store in December. December, January, February, March passed & in early April I noticed a charged for $20 from Parenting magazine on my credit card? I called my credit card company and they called Parenting magazine which provided us the information that the Motherhood store gave them my information to charge my credit card, with no verbal or written authorization from me! Parenting magazine offered to credit the charge for $20 but I am outraged that I and other people have to spend time correcting a issue that is complete ignorance on the Motherhood store.

I called the store I purchased the shirt at and got a apology and was told that I was the first person to call and advise of this happening. I went on the internet to get Motherhood corporate number and when I googled Motherhood corporate I found alot of other people going through the same $20 scam I went through. How funny, I was told "I was the only one".

Robin
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2009 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/motherhood-maternity-store/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-15205/motherhood-maternity-store-getting-scammed-out-of-20-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-441879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I encountered the same scam in March 2010.

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I purchased some maternity clothing at Motherhood Maternity in Robinson Town Center Mall and unexpectedly received a letter two months later from Parenting Magazine that "they had attempted to charge my credit card, per my request, but there was an issue processing payment". (They had my credit card information but somehow had my husband's name on the subscription, so the credit card charge luckily didn't go through due to the discrepancy.) The customer service dept. of "Parenting" is currently "investigating" how they got the unauthorized subscription request, but they and Motherhood Maternity are still pretending to be shocked that this happened, it is clearly a scam. Be warned, you may want to pay in cash only at Motherhood Maternity and their associated stores.