Complaint Review: Move for less

• Move for less
    2680 east Mohawk Phoenix az 85050
    Phoenix, Arizona
    USA

Move for less Az moves for lessDiscount Movers John Martin Negrete Did not honor quote, held furniture hostage Phoenix Arizona

Described on phone what I needed moved, also provided competitive quotes this company promised to meet. Owner arrived at house as the Driver smelling of alcohol. Company already had my non-refundable deposit. We did not want to proceed but we were on a schedule and they had arrived 1:45 min late from quoted time. Four movers were hired by the hour, defiantly told to milk the clock. More than once they commented on my husband and I working harder. The owner/driver had an "emergency" taking the vehicle the last mover who showed up was driving, leaving the truck (requiring a CDL) and the movers. When the movers where done loading, they were stuck at the house for two hours until the owners young son showed to drive the truck. This young guy showed up yelling/swearing barking orders waling though my homes telling me how it is going to go. He held my furniture hostage until I agreed to pay double the quoted price. [continued below]....

..... All the while his father was on the phone at all times with one of the four movers preventing him from working. After I agreed to a payment double the original promise, the moving company refused to carry anything up stairs, the only reason they were hired in the first place. I am pretty certain the son did not have a CDL being he could not drive the truck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/move-for-less/phoenix-arizona-85050/move-for-less-az-moves-for-lessdiscount-movers-john-martin-negrete-did-not-honor-quote-1081779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content