Complaint Review: Movie Mars Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, September 21, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 21, 2012
  • Reported By: moonlite_d — Virginia United States of America
  • Movie Mars Inc.
    1113-B Technology Drive
    Indian Trail, North Carolina
    United States of America

Movie Mars Inc. RIP-OFF Sells Movies at discount prices that will not play in USA Indian Trail, North Carolina

I ordered a new DVD from  Movie Mars Inc. through Amazon.com.  When the new movie arrived,  I opened it and popped it into my DVD player, and then got a blue screen stating "Region Error",.  I have never ever seen this before.  I emailed Movie Mars and got a reply that stated if the error was their fault my return shipping would be refunded, so I called Movie Mars on their 800 number to talk directly to a customer service rep regarding this error code.

She informs me that its Amazons fault and that its " kinda hard to find", which meant if I could have found it ... I would have known  this DVD will only play in EUROPE.

Movie mars is located in North Carolina, I live in Virginia, I told Movie Mars that I felt it was fraud. No where on Amazons site did I see for European customers only, which I have seen many times.  The DVD was listed on Amazon as "free shipping", but after I talked to Movie Mars, It was not free shipping, I would have to pay return postage, and would be issued  a less than four dollar refund after they deducted their original shipping charge.  . The cost of this DVD was less than the shipping, although on Amazon it was listed as " free shipping".

This vendor offers discounted prices with free shipping, sells and ships dvds to people in the USA fully knowing that the DVD will not play and the cost of returning the item, minus their shipping costs results in your refund as near  NOTHING! RIP-OFFS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2012 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/movie-mars-inc/indian-trail-north-carolina-28079/movie-mars-inc-rip-off-sells-movies-at-discount-prices-that-will-not-play-in-usa-indian-944823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content