Complaint Review: MWI Simply You

• Reported By: Fairfax Virginia
  • MWI Simply You
    www.memberworks.com
    Stamford, Connecticut

I received an email telling me that I was approved for a free gift card and that I just had to sign up for a few services in order to recieve it. I looked through it all and found one that I was interested in. It was only a dollar so I signed up. The charge appeared on my debit card as "MWI* Simply You" and was for $1. That was a month ago. Then another charge appeared on my card this month for $14.95 charged by the same company.

This was when I got suspicious and contacted my bank to find out what the charge was. When I didn't get a response I googled MWI* Simply You and found a slew of fraud information. I am in the process of sorting it out with my bank but I never approved the $14.95 purchase. Hopefully I can stop the charges before anything else is put through.

Sarah
Fairfax, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2004 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mwi-simply-you/stamford-connecticut-06902/mwi-simply-you-aka-simple-escapes-aka-mwi-galleria-usa-aka-mwi-connections-ripoff-stamf-102918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Solution got your information from another purchase

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

Sarah,
I am NOT an employee of this company. However, have figured out who these people are. Most likely they got your information from another purchase using the same credit/bank card.

Call MO2 Galleria USA at 888-256-3076. Enter your phone number and that will produce a membership number. You can also visit www.dealpass.com with that information. They will try and talk you out of cancelling SEVERAL times, just stand firm.

The other associated companies are MO2 Homeworks Plus at 888-256-9206 and MO2 Simple Escaples 888-404-5629.

Hope this information is helpful to you!!!

In response to Jessica ..it is against the law to have an autmatic membership billing

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

It doesn't matter if it is stated in the contract or not, it is against the law to have an autmatic membership billing unless they send you announcements SAYING that your trial membership is up. There have been numerous law suits relating to this and in all cases the courts have stated that the companies CAN NOT automatically bill you.

Just to clarify

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

I'm not an ex employee of Simply You so I don't know why they labeled me as one. I work at a day care. Odd.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You didn't read the terms

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

In reference to the above statement, there is a logical explanation. It only cost you a dollar for the trial membership, but it's clearly stated that if you do not cancel the trial within 30 days you will be charged $14.95 monthly for their benefit service. Just thought I should point that out.