Complaint Review: My Plumber

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 26, 2012
  • Reported By: alex1960 — Alexandria Virginia Virgin Islands (US)
  • My Plumber

Alexandria, Virginia
    United States of America

My Plumber My Plumber serving the Northern Virginia area. My plumber behaved in a deceptive manner. Atempted to sell uneeded services and equipament. Alexandria, Virginia

I july of 2012 we experienced some problem with our water heater and decided to call a plumber to check our system out. Since is a gas heater we thought it safer to use expert help.

The problem that we had was that the pilot flame of the water heat would not stay lit. Cosequently there was no heated water.

I called around, and eventually  My Plumber returned my call. I set an appointment for the next day in the afternoon part of the day.

A representative of My Plumber showed up at my door and examined the equipament. First he felt necessary to informe me that the system that I have is the absolut worst water heate ever made. He attempted to lite the pilot, using the same procedure that I had done earlier, but the pilot would not stay lit with him either. He said to that I would waist my money and his time in trying to fix that particular piece of equipament. He wrote me an estimate to instal a brand new  My Plumber water heater  for $1.662,87  plus $746,14 labor, for a total of $2.409,01.

I had gone to Home Depot earlier in the previous day and found good quality water heater for $500,00, and when I mentioned this to him, he got really agravated ant told me that the heater that I mentioned was a piece of junk too. He charged me $79,95 for looking at my water heater, not even trying to check beyond the pilot lite. Actually he spent more time trying to sell me the $2.409,01 than doing any work.

And that folks, is a rip- off

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2012 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/my-plumber/alexandria-virginia-/my-plumber-my-plumber-serving-the-northern-virginia-area-my-plumber-behaved-in-a-deceptiv-918156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content