Complaint Review: NAKED WINES

• NAKED WINES
    500 First Street
    Napa, California
    USA

NAKED WINES give you a card for 12 bottles of wine for $100 and whne you follow up somehow you get suckered into joining some club and they take money out of your account monthly Napa California

*Consumer Comment: They make it seem you're getting wine in 2-6 days

*Consumer Comment: ABSOLUTELY NakedWines Deceives Customers As You Said

*Consumer Comment: I disagree

Last Christmas I got a card when I ordered some office supplies from Staples to order 12 bottles of wine for $100.  I though what a great deal, but little did Iknow once you purchase the wine you are then joining some club. Trouble is they don't really explain much about the club you get a bunch of strange emials and then the next month they start hitting your credit card or debit card for money.  I guess I should have read the emails but I get so many emails from so many businesses etc. I just thought whatever.  They don't explain when you order  the wine that you are joining anything, just start sending you crazy irritating emails and then you find out you were a victim of their scheme.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2015 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/naked-wines/napa-california-94559/naked-wines-give-you-a-card-for-12-bottles-of-wine-for-100-and-whne-you-follow-up-someho-1213290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

They make it seem you're getting wine in 2-6 days

AUTHOR: DavB - (USA)

When a company posts information that you're getting wine in 2-6 days and you're "completing" a transaction basket of wine but instead are "joining" its commercial fraud.

Cancelling.

ABSOLUTELY NakedWines Deceives Customers As You Said

AUTHOR: Letthetruthbetold - (U.S.A.)

Very True!!! MANY complaints on the internet about NakedWines horror show! When you have friends or people it appears you know given 5 stars, the only people you trick is yourself! If you ever receive a coupon code or ad claiming $100 off your first order BE AWARE! If you don't immediately cancel, you will be charged over and over $40 or so each month to your account and credit card!!! Their wine SURELY is not good enough for the prices they charge, when you can buy locally and get better quality and quantity for cheaper! Then when you complain you will receive rude employees and managers who never help or satisfy your valid complaints! Here are a few of MANY more reviews complaining about NakedWines! http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2125033

I disagree

AUTHOR: SJB - (USA)

I am familiar with Naked Wines, having ordered from them with a similar voucher (without becoming a member), and later becoming a member.  The concept is that members (known as "Angels") pay a monthly amount to fund small wineries, basically providing operating funds on a regular basis.  All of the monthly amounts paid by a member go into the member's account and can be used for future wine orders.

I disagree with the previous post - in  my experience, the Naked wine web site where you redeem the voucher and place the order for wine clearly gives the consumer the option to become a member or not.  They DO add an incentive to become a member by adding three more bottles of wine to your order, but the choice is clearly up to the consumer.

After choosing to become a member, I have nothing but good things to say about the company.  I was contacted personally by phone when I became a member to see if I had questions.  I did ask about the monthly debits from my account (which was clearly explained on the website when I became a member), and was told about the options for either decreasing my monthly contribution or going inactive for a period of time (staying a member but not making payments for 3 or 4 months).

I don't know when the original poster became a member, but I know that at this point there is a waiting list to become an "Angel," and their customer service is outstanding.  They do make mistakes, but work very hard to satisfy their members.