Complaint Review: National Asset Management LLC

• National Asset Management LLC
    400 Rouser Road Suite 202
    Moon Twp, Pennsylvania
    United States of America

National Asset Management LLC National Asset & Risk Management Scammed by company for money they owe me. Moon Twp, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Unhappy with Collections

I found National Asset Management on Google while looking for a collections agency to recover $3,127.76 from a now bankrupt former client. They collected $0.  After watching them flounder for months I fired them and started looking for another company to take over. Instead I was presented with a bill for their full commission of $782 (even though they hadn't collected any money), and accused of collecting the money from my former client directly.

I filed a complaint with the BBB and Secretary of State in PA.

In response National Asset Management has now reported the fictitious $782 to a credit reporting agency on my personal credit report. I entered into this arrangement as my LLC. They are scam artists, and the most unethical group of people I have even had the displeasure to do business with.

You can only contact the company by email or through the call center which won't route complaints to anyone in management. The actions of this company are disgusting, and they shouldn't be allowed to profit by scamming businesses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2012 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-asset-management-llc/moon-twp-pennsylvania-15108/national-asset-management-llc-national-asset-risk-management-scammed-by-company-for-mone-929048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Unhappy with Collections

AUTHOR: Darren - (U.S.A.)

I owned a collection agency for 22 years that I recently sold. I have absolutely no relationship with the company you're questioning (National Asset Management) other than seeing them in passing at ACA events, but they're known as a reputable company in the industry. Trust me, there are a lot of really bad agencies out there, and they're not one of them.  It boggles my mind how people think they can have an account that doesn't pay them for months and months, then the company goes out of business and somehow they expect a collection agency to miraculously collect from them. People don't use common sense. Collection agencies work on a contingency basis. They incur all costs up (letters, postage, phone calls, insurance, credit reporting, and even legal fees) so they are taking a risk every time someone places an account with them. I don't understand why people think they shouldn't be paid if you want to withdraw the account. Do you expect them to work for free? I know you don't like working for free or else you wouldn't have placed the account in collections in the first place. A good collection agency can help improve cash flow for a lot of companies. Just don't expect them to do the impossible.