Complaint Review: National Consumer Marketing

• Reported By: Maryville Tennessee
  • National Consumer Marketing
    889 Waverly Avenue Holtsville
    Central Islip, New York

National Consumer Marketing Free Wheat Pennies or Slow Shipping????? Central Islip New York

Approximately 6-8 weeks ago, I ordered a pound of rare, old Lincoln Wheat-Ear Pennies from the Sunday newspaper which were supposed to be "free" except for the processing and handling fee. They were to arrive in a "handsome cloth Banker's Bag". Also, a Free 1943 Steel Penny was to come with the wheat pennies. I placed the order by phone and put the processing charge on my Discover Card. At that time, I also declined several offers that the telemarketer tried to offer me. On 8/22/07, there was a $2.95 charge added to my Discover Card statement which I track online and it indicated "NCM Pound if Cents P&H NY 1-800-992-1251 $2.95".

I have been waiting to receive the pennies for several weeks and this past week I received an envelope with the one free steel penny and no mention of the pound of rare wheat pennies whatsoever. I have tried to call the phone number and it is constantly busy so I feel that I have been ripped off. Please help me with this matter. Is there any way I can contact the owner or try to find out what is going on?

Cathy
Maryville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2007 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-consumer-marketing/central-islip-new-york-11722-9320/national-consumer-marketing-free-wheat-pennies-or-slow-shipping-central-islip-new-yor-274713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content