Complaint Review: NATIONAL PAYMENT CENTER - UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

• Submitted: Thu, April 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, May 09, 2011
  • Reported By: catherine — Rhinelander Wisconsin United States of America
  • NATIONAL PAYMENT CENTER - UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
    p o box 4169
    greensville, Texas
    United States of America

NATIONAL PAYMENT CENTER - UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION keep demanding money, but will not give me anything in writing about payment, want to take it out of my checking. greensville, Texas

*General Comment: US Department of Education

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: dept of ed. texas

these people refuse to accept a payment, they try and pressure me to give them my checking account number. They refuse to send me anything in writting as far as what my monthly payment would be and what day it would be due. I found the notice on ripoff report that this is a fictious company, so i think i understand why I'm not getting anywhere with them.

I read an article from the attorney general of wisconsin and he also states not to send in any payments until I do have something in writting. They got extremely upset on the phone when I said I would finally go talk to a lawyer.

They actually thought I would western union a first payment.Just unbeleivable.

I honestly don't know if these guys are real. Within one month my interest rate went from 115 dollars to over 2,000, they didn't have an answer for that. Or why within one month the loan went from Texas to Atlant GA. Can't get any answers from these people.

Like I said, all they want is a debit card number or my checking, which I refuse to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2010 03:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-payment-center-united-states-department-of-education/greensville-texas-75403/national-payment-center-united-states-department-of-education-keep-demanding-money-but-588175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

US Department of Education

AUTHOR: Katie - ()

I acqired my student loan in 1993 for 8,793.  After 1 year of garnishment for 275 a month for a year, taking my income taxes for 4 years-it is reported to me that I still owe 5000 dollars!!!  The National Payment Center said that my loan was paid off in 2005 and them defaulted in 2006.  I was told by the Payment Center that I concollidated my loan in 2006 with an interest rate of 8.25%.  I asled for a complete itemized statement of my account and was told that infrmation is kept from 2002 to present and that the payment information before 2002 is not available.  This is a total rip off.  I have paid $17,467.78 for an 8 thousand dollar loan and was paid off!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

dept of ed. texas

AUTHOR: cvayda - (United States of America)

I am currently dealing with Dept of Ed in Texas. That extra $2000 dollars is their handling fees.

They will garnish your wages & keep any federal tax refunds. I dont agree with the way they post  payments sent to them. If you are paying back two loans, they will apply the payment to the loan they select, not neccessarily the way you think your payments are being applied. I also noticed that they apply the payments to the interest first along with their processing fees and finally they apply the remainder to the principal once the interest is paid off. I dont agree with this business practice but I have not found any attorneys that have taken any cases against the Department of Education.

You can check the status of your loan at www.nslds.ed.gov. The payment information can take up to 60 days to get posted to your account. As for the Texas address and the Georgia address...they are both good addresses.