Complaint Review:

• Updated: Tue, January 10, 2017

• Reported By: MSP — San Marino California USA
Nationstar Mortgage
Nationwide USA

Nationstar Mortgage took my house! When my loan was transferred my balance went from 328k to 378k Nationwide

Suntrust transferred my loan to Nationstar as I was about to be approved by HAMP.  My balance with Suntrust was $328,00 with an outstanding balance of $12,000.  I had to be behind in payments to qualify for the modification.  Suntrust said everything was about the be completed, I qualified they were just working on some final paperwork.  A few days later I received notice from Nationstar that my loan had been transferred and that my mortgage balance was $378,000.  (I wanted to keep my house but it was already underwater, valued at $250,000 and I bought it for $410,000)

Noone could explain why my balance had risen so high.  So I was going to do a short sale unless they would offer a principal reduction or really strong modification.  They kept me on hold for years!  However, the bottom line is that even though I kept filling out the applications for the modifications every couple of months I never received anything in writing.

Suddenly in July I was told my house was up for auction by a friend I had watching the house.  I received no notice from anyone about this. (my mail had been forwarded to California and my phone number hadn't changed)  They came and took my property (at least $9,000 of property and many personal "priceless" items) to the dump and padlocked my house.  (I was in California tending to my terminally ill father.) I had an attorney who had also not been notified.  (He had an address change but it was filed with the bar.)  We tried to fight it with no success and a judgment against me.  I know it's against regulation to not receive any notification about the auction of your house.  They had been sued for this previously in 2014.

I am very responsible and would have done a short sale or even paid  to get back into good standing on the loan but nothing was told to me or my attorney!!  It's an outrage that this is allowed to go on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2017 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nationstar-mortgage/nationwide/nationstar-mortgage-took-my-house-when-my-loan-was-transferred-my-balance-went-from-328k-1349037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationstar Mortgage