Complaint Review: NCO Financial Systems - St. Marys Health Center

• NCO Financial Systems - St. Marys Health Center
    909 E Republic Rd Bldg Suite 200
    Springfield, Missouri

NCO Financial Systems Fraudulent billing Springfield Missouri

I was contacted on phone by this company and told that I had an overdue account from St. Marys Health Center, St. Louis, Mo. dating back to 1/11/03. I told them that to the best of my knowledge all charges for medical services had been paid in full, but that I would check.

I checked my records and statements, my checkbook records, and the file where my wife and I keep medical bills until corresponding insurance statement is received. Everything I had from that date had been been paid in full and there were no bills without insurance statements pertaining to the date in question.

I then contacted St. Marys Health Center. The person I talked with checked the hospitals records and said that no account for any services I had ever received showed a balance due. She also said there was no record of my account having been turned over to a collection agency. Up to this point I only had a phone number for NCO, which I gave to the person I was talking with to see if she could match it with a collection agency use.
After checking she told me the number I gave her did not match the number of any of the agencies used by the hospital.

I immediately called the agency back and informed them of what I had found. Their expanation was that since my account had been bought out by them the hospitals records would show no balance due. When I inquired about the hospital not having a record of turn any account of mine over for collection, the agency rep told me that was not of any concern to her. It was at this point that I was able to get the name of the agency. The person I was talking to said I could fax them a copy of the insurance statement I had, but I am reluctant to do that because that would give NCO a great deal of information an possible allow them to make a fraudulant claim against the in surance company, which is no longer the company used by my employer. Any help on the part of your website would be appreciated.

Michael
Fenton, Missouri

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on NCO Financial

CLICK here to see why we deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2003 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nco-financial-systems-st-marys-health-center/springfield-missouri-65807/nco-financial-systems-fraudulent-billing-springfield-missouri-71387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content