Complaint Review: Nelson, Watson & Associates, LLC

• Reported By: Cincinatti Ohio
  • Nelson, Watson & Associates, LLC
    80 Merrimack Street, Lower Level
    Haverhill, Massachusetts

Nelson, Watson & Associates, LLC Harassment & Refusal to Make Payment Arrangements Haverhill Massachusetts

Last week I was contacted by the company, which left a message. I returned the call and was told that my account was in pre-litigation. To avoid the literal threat of impending legal action, I made a same-day payment with my debit card for $300. I also agreed to pay the balance within a matter of days. I later realized this was not feasible, that I would not have the funds.

The following weekend, two of my family members were called and harassed, including receiving threats against their private property, along with threatening messages left on my phone.

I called the company to make a payment arrangement. I was told that I would need a lawyer. Upon being loudly chastised, I informed the rep that I was aware that his harassment was illegal, at which point he hung up on me. When I called back, I asked to speak with another representative, but was directed again to him. He assured me the hang-up was intentional. When I again attempted to make a payment arrangement, he again hung up. I called
again to request documentation of my payment and account status. The rep, calling himself the supervisor earlier, used a different name and assured me that the calls would continue until the debt was paid, though he would not allow me to arrange for a payment plan. He again hung up.

JCPenney Customer
Cincinatti, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2008 09:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nelson-watson-associates-llc/haverhill-massachusetts-01830/nelson-watson-associates-llc-harassment-refusal-to-make-payment-arrangements-haverhi-336557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content