Complaint Review: Nelson Watson & Associates - Pinnacle Credit Services

• Reported By: longwood Florida
  • Nelson Watson & Associates - Pinnacle Credit Services
    PO Box 1299
    Haverhill, Massachusetts

Nelson Watson & Associates - Pinnacle Credit Services SIAD I OWED ON A PHONE I ALREADY PAID OFF!! Haverhill Massachusetts

I recieved a letter from Nelson, Watson & Associates saying I owed another creditor, Pinnalce Credit Services, a debt of $327.11 for a Verizon account that I paid off last year!
I accepted a settlement with Verizon last year and paid them off.
Then out of the blue a year later I recieve this letter.
Nelson LLC., is telling me that it's for another account I had with Verizon ,and when I informed them that I never had more than one account with Verizon, they claimed it was debt I owed on another line because I had one account with 2 lines. Why would Verizon offer me a settlement on only a portion of the debt that I owed and not the whole amount?!
Verizon has absolutley no more records of my old account with them because it was settled and paid.
The letter requests that I pay Nelson and Associates, not Pinnalce.
What is Pinnacle? Is it a collection agency or a scam company that buys old debt information and then tries to get other companies to collect on it ?
If so, how does a legitimate agency, which Nelson and Associates so far appears to be, fall for these scams?

Vicki
longwood, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2008 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nelson-watson-associates-pinnacle-credit-services/haverhill-massachusetts-01831-1799/nelson-watson-associates-pinnacle-credit-services-siad-i-owed-on-a-phone-i-already-pai-329663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content