Complaint Review: Netzero Internet Company

• Updated: Sat, August 16, 2008
  • Reported By: Los Angeles California
  • Netzero Internet Company
    Woodland Hills, California

Netzero Internet Company Netzero has charged my credit without authorization! Woodland Hills California

Recently, I had used the commercially known Netzero Internet product by the Netzero company established in Woodland Hills. After three years of service, I cancelled their service. A month later in May 2008, I had unauthorized charges on my credit that I confronted them about and they lied about cancelling my nonexistent account and continued taking my money by credit and kept claiming that I had never cancelled it.

After doing some research online about this, I've found out that since 2005, ex-clients are being scammed the same way all over in California and over the U.S. and cannot stop the fraud and have resorted to using lawyers (A San Francisco law firm is also investigating the company but progress has slowed). Some clients have lost over $100 and have regained nothing in return despite cancelling the product. I think it is wrong for a company to abuse and deceive consumers this way and take their money by tapping into their accounts without authorization and lying to those people about cancelling their accounts when in reality, the company keeps taking money. I've spoken with all possible customer care, which is stationed all the way in India and keep insisting that I agreed to their offers when I've been trying to cancel everything by phone and email together. I've filed a complaint with the FTC about this company because I am tired of having my money taken from me when I never authorized the action.

It's no surprise at why they're a multi-billion company, they keep cheating people and lying to their faces about it. The government should investigate this fraud against people who thought they were using a good company and got scammed instead! I need my money and I'm not about to give it up to money hungry companies!

Jasmin
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2008 11:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/netzero-internet-company/woodland-hills-california/netzero-internet-company-netzero-has-charged-my-credit-without-authorization-woodland-hil-363734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content