Complaint Review: New River Subscription Service

• New River Subscription Service
    3055 Riner Rd
    Christiansburg, Virginia
    United States of America

New River Subscription Service NRSS horrible scammers, a den of druggies and liars Christiansburg, Virginia

I went to work for NRSS back when Terry was still alive, he actually drowned while I was on crew. They searched for his body for like 3 days before they found it. I stayed on longer then most people, for about 6 months. The company will lie to you and tell you that they only pay you a portion of your earning each day, that way you can pay for food, etc. but if you ever ask to see your books or for any of the money they are "holding" for you - you will never get it and will get the run around. They pay you just enough to get by without hearing too many complaints.

I have been to their house in VA and their office. I know most people say they never get their magazines, but when I was working there they did - I physically saw the magazines at the distribution office. After Terry died the company went to the dogs, which is probably why people report not getting their orders. His wife couldn't handle it by herself and people stopped getting paid altogether. There were about 100 people or so on crew by the time I left, there was a LOT of drug use (people smoking crack and meth, acid, X, use your imagination), orgies, and fights. The "managers" or crew leaders or whatever you want to call them would treat people like garbage, we were only there to make money for them. ALL of my belongings went missing, TWICE. I packed my suitcases and put them beside the van, somehow they disappeared. Terry's daughter was about my size and I suspect she had something to do with my things being stolen when we packed up our stuff on the weekend to move between states. Terry's daughters husband or boyfriend or whatever was a real sleezey guy, red corvette, covered in tatts. They basically took over the company from Theresa. By the time I left I only had a bus ticket halfway home, a couple of bucks, some cheap flip-flops, one pair of jeans, and a hoodie. It was fun at first, I was young and it was WILD. After a while though it got old and I realized they were ripping me off. I sold so much for them, I was one of their top sales people - I trained new people. Don't buy from these people, if no because you're not going to get your subscription but because they are a bunch of lying, drug-addicted scumbags.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/new-river-subscription-service/christiansburg-virginia-24073/new-river-subscription-service-nrss-horrible-scammers-a-den-of-druggies-and-liars-christi-996107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content