Complaint Review: Newgg

• Reported By: Mark — Huntersville North Carolina United States of America
  • Newgg

Internet
    United States of America

Newgg Was told I could use my promotional card on my purchase and then they jack the price up Internet

So I have used Neweg in the past without a problem.  My problem happened when they were offering a promotion for the XBox 360.  You bought the XBox and received a promotional gift card.  I was looking to purchase a computer at the same time so I used their online chat "support" and explained that I wanted to purchase the XBox and use the promotional gift card towards the purchase of a computer.  I was told that wouldn't be a problem, that I should purchase the XBox and then apply the gift card to my purchase of the computer.  I make my purchase, but no redemption code is given for the gift card.  I contact the online support a second time asking about the gift card and am told that they will mail it with the XBox.  I explain that the first person I spoke to said I could immediately use it for my computer purchase.  I was apologized to and told that the card had to be mailed and that they could not give me a redemption code, but the computer could still be purchased when the card arrived at the same price.  I accepted that and waited for my package.

A week later I get the XBox and the gift card from Newegg.  I log on to buy my computer, but now it is $200 more expensive.  I contact the online support and explain that I attempted to buy the computer the previous week, but because of an error on their end I was unable to.  They offered to take $25 off the price.  I explain that this is unacceptable, that I was told the first time I could immediately use the card and then the second time that I could purchase the computer for the original price.  I am now told that the promotion for the computer I wanted is over and all they can do is take $25 off.  So, then I tell them I want to return the XBox and the gift card and am told I can return it, but I will have to pay a $75 fee!  With so many tech companies out there vying for my money why be this way?  I build my own computers.  I maintain my own computers.  You would have made a whole bunch more money from me if you had honored what you said you would instead of going for the quick buck.

The funny thing is that I also do the computer purchasing for my job and so in reality this has cost them approximately $15,000 since the incident.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/newgg/internet/newgg-was-told-i-could-use-my-promotional-card-on-my-purchase-and-then-they-jack-the-pric-961823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content