Complaint Review: nextcard merrick bank

• Reported By: west haven ct
  • nextcard merrick bank
    po box 9201
    old bethpage, New York

Nextcard Merrick Bank ripoff consumer fraud ripoff dishonest ripoffs old bethpage New York

Im writing this report to get people to be aware of these small credit card companys that rip people off like nextcard and merrick bank.

On July 31st I got a letter from merrick bank telling me that they are taking over my nextcard account.With that letter they sent me new terms and rates.There rates are 29.70% on normal purchases and 34.70% on cash advances.

These rates are 13% higher than i was paying.
When I tried to reach nextcard to see why my account was
transfered there number would tell me to call merrick bank.

When I called merrick bank to see what happend they had told me that nextcard had sold there accounts to merrick bank.When I ask them how this was possible I was told it is legal banks sell out to other banks all the time.

I told them that this is fine but they shouldnt have the right to changes the terms on balances transferd.
Im going to keep paying there rates while my lawyer researches this buy out.

If anyone has any info on this rip off company please email me.

Joseph
West Haven, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2002 01:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nextcard-merrick-bank/old-bethpage-new-york-11804/nextcard-merrick-bank-ripoff-consumer-fraud-ripoff-dishonest-ripoffs-old-bethpage-new-york-33384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content