Complaint Review: NSS Magazine Service Center

• NSS Magazine Service Center
    PO Box 670
    Newburgh, New York

NSS Magazines- Unauthorized Charges

In June of 2001 I received a promotional offer via email for a free "viewing" of magazines from NSS Magazines, along with some other promotional items from other companies that I ordered with my debit card. I didn't read the fine print and a couple of days later realized that I was going to be responsible for paying for a full subscription price on each of the two magazines that I had agreed to preview. In the meantime, I received a confirmation email concerning the magazines and took this opportunity to email them back and cancel my order, which was confirmed by NSS.
Well it is now August 31, 2001, and what should I spot on my bank statement, but a charge of $42.00 for these magazines. I called NSS magazines who informed me that I couldn't possibly have cancelled my order via email, as they only do so by phone!

Either I received an email from an imposter, or they are blatantly lying!! Of course, in the meantime, I erased all of my emails, so now it's my word against theirs!! They agreed to take the charges off of my debit card in 14 days. But I have broken my leg and am off work and these charges are going to cause my checking account to be overdrawn.
I am extremely angry that there are companies out there like this ripping people off!! I'm certain most people would have just accepted their charges instead of going to the trouble of confronting them. Don't purchase anything from NSS!!!!
Sincerely,
Glenda Larkins

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nss-magazine-service-center/newburgh-new-york-12551/nss-magazines-unauthorized-charges-6451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content