Complaint Review: NuEra Telecom

• Reported By: Munish — Scarborough Ontario Canada
  • NuEra Telecom

Internet
    United States of America

NuEra Telecom I was cheated. Got charged for more than what is supposed to be. Internet

I am a international student in Canada. NuEra telecom has contacted me from their India's office and told me about their $5.00 India calling service. The person told me that its usually $25.00 but they are giving discounts and they are the billing department. If anything more is charged, they will refund. I subscribed for it. I got confirmation calls from US twice where they mentioned about $25.00.

I contacted the person from billing department again and he said that is just for confirmation. However, I will only be charged $5.00. When I check by credit cards statement I was charged $25.00. I called the person from India again and he told me that a refund will be processed. Then for 3 months continuously I was charged $25.00 and the person did not refund me anything.

Then when I tried to contact him, he stopped lifting my call. I called the customer service people, which is somewhere in Philippines or I don't know where, they refused to give me any refunds and said since I am using the service they cannot refund me anything.

I asked for a Manager and they said they will file a complaint and a manager will call me. I asked to cancel my service and that was done immediately. Afterwards nobody called me. I felt cheated. These people are frauds.

The amount they charged is big amount for me as I am a international student here. I request someone to please help me with this. If needed, I can provide the contact number of the person who contacted me for the service from India.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2012 09:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nuera-telecom/internet/nuera-telecom-i-was-cheated-got-charged-for-more-than-what-is-supposed-to-be-internet-893487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content