Complaint Review: Office depot clarksville, Tn

Clarksville, Tennessee
    United States of America

Office depot clarksville, Tn RIPPED ME OFF FOR $40.00 Clarksville, Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Nope

I got a printer from them and they were supposed to have a $40.00 gift credit card that could be used anywhere. Unfortunately, it was no good. I am totally upset that I got cheated into buying this durned printer because it doesn't even work right half the time. I advise anyone not to deal with these people at all. They are liars,cheats and sell inferior products.  I'm a ppoor widow lady who doesn't have enough money to be spending on things that don't work. It was very hurtful and disheartening to have that credit card not work because I was going to use it to buy groceries so I'd at least have some food to eat after spending all I had to get a printer.  They stink, are awful and should be made accountable for their ads, and give me $40.00 cash instead of a stupid not workable credit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2010 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/office-depot-clarksville-tn/clarksville-tennessee-37043/office-depot-clarksville-tn-ripped-me-off-for-4000-clarksville-tennessee-656961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Nope

AUTHOR: NJel - (USA)

I'm not buying it. I'd say make proof, first of all, that you purchased the gift card (Even if it's free, because they have to ring it up in order for you to have it and for the register to discount it). The receipt will show whether or not the card was activated, because a cashier cannot sell you a card that's not activated. If the amount, then, pops up at zero, that means you've spent it all. Credit doesn't just disappear.

Besides that, if food really were an issue, you wouldn't be spending your money on an internet connection to complain about supposedly faulty business practices, or a printer likewise. I'm not saying this in defensiveness, I'm saying it because it's true. Also, it's interesting that you would immediately demand cash in compensation for your inconvenience instead of an effective visa prepaid card.

Like I said, I'm not buying it.