Complaint Review: Omni American Bank
- Omni American Bank
7800 White Settlement Rd.
Fort Worth,, Texas
- Phone: 817-335-Omni
- Category: Car Financing
Omni American Bank Vehicle Pirates Fort Worth, Texas
I financed a truck with Omni American in 2003. At the time, I was married, but I was divorced several months later and struggled to keep the payments. During that period in time, I was very forthcoming with the collections agent "Chris" about my in-ability to pay, and even offered on two different occasions to return the vehicle and accept the hit on my credit.
I managed throughout the next 5 years to pay the notes (while sometimes late) until the last couponed payment. I called for a pay-off amount and then came the issues:
1. The first time that I called I was told that the booklet that I was using had the wrong number of payments (they said it should have been 60).
-I went back to verify that 60 pay stubs were in the booklet...there were 60.
2. I called back to let them know that there was no error with the number of stubs in the booklet. They told me this time that there should have been 61 payments and that a new booklet would arrive in the mail.
-A new booklet did arrive in the mail and there were no balances shown as due in thebook.
3. I called the rep back and told him. He said I was late on payments and that it was interest. I requested an amortization schedule or payment history. He said he would send it, and demanded that I make a payment immediately anyways or risk having my truck reposessed.
-I made a $550 payment in good faith and waited for the proof that I owed the balances...........nothing arrived
4. I called back to the office and spoke with "Chris". She aknowledged that the prior person had sent a request to have the documents sent...but didn't have an answer as to why I hadn't seen it. That didn't stop her from demanding more money and suggesting that she would have my truck towed for the additional $550 balance.
-I told her that, as a consumer, I would assume that I have a right to ask an know what the additional charges are for and that I would pay additional funds after I reviewed the amortization schedule.....I furthermore added that she would be making a huge statement about the integrity of the company if she sends the repo squad after me knowing that I have a valid claim in review.
- She said she "it should be there by Tuesday" (3 days later).
-The "it" that she was referring to was the tow truck.
They tried to repo my vehicle .....I have paid for the vehicle.
I am not sure what is going on.....OmniAmerican was also hacked in January of this year. I want to know for a fact that I owe $1100....not just fork it over without question or explanation.
I would avoid this company like the plague
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/omni-american-bank/fort-worth-texas-76108/omni-american-bank-vehicle-pirates-fort-worth-texas-399912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: