Options Credit sells "branch offices" or "licenses" for $15,000.00. The idea is that the company operates across Canada and needs a local presence in your city. The pitch is based on all, or some, of the following features:
1. No cold calling or selling;
2. Expectation of revenue over $50,000.00 per year;
3. Full training and support;
4. Options supplies internet and live telephone leads:
5. Your own website;
6. License Buy Back at full price after 12 months.
If this sounds to good to be true, trust your gut. It probably is! I have tracked down 16 licensees to date, spoke to most of them, and there are plenty of angry and dissapointed people out there.
Most of the people I spoke to have the same story. They pay the money, and get the training. The leads during training look great, but the leads they actually receive are stale, and often don't have accurate contact information. Nobody I spoke to ever received a live telephone lead. Of every licensee I spoke with, not a single person said they successfully signed up a client using the leads they received.
After a couple of months the leads dwindle and eventually dry up completely.
The people who bought a license early on did get the website, but these soon dissapeared, nobody who signed on during the past year seems to have gotten a website at all.
The licensee tries for a while, until they realize this is not working out as promised. Suddenly Don no longer answers the phone or returns their phone calls. Eventually, the licensee puts up their hands and says I've lost my money but I'm too embarrissed to do anything about it or they file a lawsuit. If they file a lawsuit they eventually get a judgement but Don tells the court that Options Credit is insolvent, so he can't pay the judgement. Nobody I spoke to was successful in getting their money back after the one year was up as promised.
Here are a few facts you need to know about Don Antle and Options Credit:
1. Don Antle had business dealings with some pretty famous fraudsters in the past. Do some research on Gary Moss
and Hal McLeod
. He's been associated with both of these guys in previous businesses.
2. Don Antle was charged with operating one of the largest grow ops in BC history. These charges were dismissed but you should read the news stories about this and draw your own conclusions.
3. Don Antle has been sued by at least one investor in Options Credit, at least three licensees, and at least one customer. There are also plenty of lawsuits regarding former businesses and other personal dealings.
Before you pay $15,000.00, do some research of your own about Don Antle and Options Credit. Here are some good places to start:
1. Search Don Antle and Options Credit on Ripoff.com. There are now at least three postings up from licensees who lost their money;
2. Go to the Justice Department Website in BC. Search for Don Antle, Karen Antle, and Options Credit under their civil search section. The link is below. You can see names for free, but you'll need to pay 6.00 each to view the documents. You can view them all for much less than $15,000.00, and they make for some interesting reading. https://eservice.ag.gov.bc.ca
3. Google "Don Antle Grow Op" and read the news stories that come up.
4. Go to the link below and read about another scam Don was implicated in. Pay particular attention to his partners here, and do some research on them. Remember when your mother used to say "birds of a feather flock together." http://www.fic.gov.bc.ca/pdf/enforcement/trust/20031128ts.pdf
If you're still interested in buying a license after you've done the due dilliegence I've suggested, I wish you the best of luck. I'm no expert, I'm just a guy who lost some money, and didn't make a dime. Maybe you'll get rich, anything is possible!