Complaint Review: Orkin Exterminating Co.

• Submitted: Wed, December 17, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2003
  • Reported By: east lansing Michigan
  • Orkin Exterminating Co.
    2170 Piedmont Rd. NE
    Atlanta, Georgia

Orkin Exterminating Co. Orkin ripoff fraudulent treatment for 9 years Atlanta Georgia

One year after I sold my home, a suit was filed against me because extensive termite damage had been uncovered during remodeling. I had been under full warranty with Orkin for over 9 years, and when treated for swarmers, I was assured all damage had been eliminated and minor repairs were made. Although the new buyers contracted with Orkin after the closing of the house, when Orkin couldn't get rid of the swarmers they cancelled their contract. An entomoligist uncovered extensive damage that could only have occurred during the preceding years.
Since I had full coverage with Orkin for whatever problems would occur, I never imagined they falsified their reports and probably never treated most of the time.

Thus far, the cost of an attorney has practically depleted my savings and I'm a long way from the trial. I was not forced to sell my home of 25 years nor would it occur to me to hide anything from the new buyers.

I will continue to fight until they are legally held responsible.

Melissa
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2003 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/orkin-exterminating-co/atlanta-georgia-30324/orkin-exterminating-co-orkin-ripoff-fraudulent-treatment-for-9-years-atlanta-georgia-75098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content