Complaint Review: Packt Publishing

• Reported By: Juan — Amherst Massachusetts USA
  • Packt Publishing

Internet
    USA

Packt Publishing Company sleazed itself into refusing to help me with an order, even after I had contacted them. Birmingham Internet **Author of this Report is NOT CONFIRMED**

I made a purchase for a pre-order book that months later, Packt canceled(never even explained why), and as an "apology" they sent me a coupon code to use on a new purchase.

So I went to their site to get a new order and use their "coupon", first there was no place to apply the coupon code during checkout. It literally didn't even have a "review order" page, it just went straight to charging my card.

Seeing this happen, I immediatley emailed them telling them the problem.

Several days later they email me back first telling me that actually, they can't apply my "coupon code" in any way to the new order, and also they can't cancel my order. Basically saying to me "So sorry tough luck, but we have your money now $$ so thanks." Never doing business with this sleazy company again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2017 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/packt-publishing/internet/packt-publishing-company-sleazed-itself-into-refusing-to-help-me-with-an-order-even-afte-1397687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content