Complaint Review: Paragon Acura

• Reported By: East Elmhurst New York
  • Paragon Acura
    56-02 NORTHERN BLVD
    Woodside, New York

Paragon Acura The Finance Guy will Rip you apart without knowing it! Woodside New York

On Oct of 2006, my father, a Bangladeshi immigrant, bought our family a car from his hard earned money which doubled as a birthday gift for me too. Little did he know the Honda finance guy saw him coming a mile a away. The agreed price of the 2003 Acura MDX was $22,700. But some how he walked out of that office with an invoice for $33,573.00. Almost a 10,000 dollar difference! How did my dad get scammed into paying an additional 10,000?

Well to be fair about $2319 was for tax, which went to the gov't. That leaves about 8000 unaccounted for.
Well the finance guy convinced my dad to buy the extended warranty on a Certified Preowned Vehicle. This was for $2,300 (overpriced). I am told this isnt worth more than 1000 - 1500. Secondly, the finance guy convinced my dad to get Lo Jack. For this he was charged $2700!!!!!! Now we all know Lo Jack is $995 max!!!

Basically his $5000 down payment was swallowed with the extend service contact and lo jack.

Being a second year business law major, I know legally we can't do anything. And I do not intend to pursue anything legally. BUT there are other methods. I am asking for the $3000 stolen from father, who was obviously taken advantage off, returned. Of course Paragon is not legally obligated to do anything, but it would be the right thing to do.

So if this is money is not returned, I will be letting all consumers at Paragon Honda know about their little scam by standing on the sidewalk with signs and flyers. And I have time on my hands. We'll see how it feels like to lose thousands then.

Tan
East Elmhurst, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2008 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/paragon-acura/woodside-new-york-11370/paragon-acura-the-finance-guy-will-rip-you-apart-without-knowing-it-woodside-new-york-305290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content