Complaint Review: PayPal

1840 Embarcadero Road, Palo Alto, Calif 94303
    Palo Alto, California
    USA

PayPal Paypal only cares about the seller. Palo Alto California

*Author of original report: The chair was not what I ordered

*Consumer Comment: Depends

I purchased a chair online and when it arrived it had the wrong fabric. I contacted the seller who gave me the run-around and after not being called back when promised and failed attempts at being helped I opened a dispute with Paypal. Their response was that I was to send the chair back to the seller (weighing 100+ pounds) at my expense and then the cost of the chair would be refunded. It costs a fortune to send the chair back, they only care about the seller. I closed my Paypal account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/paypal/palo-alto-california-94303/paypal-paypal-only-cares-about-the-seller-palo-alto-california-1075740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

The chair was not what I ordered

AUTHOR: Don't Tread on Me! - ()

I received the wrong fabric, thus it was not my fault and should not be penalized for return costs.

Depends

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If the price you paid for is included shipping & handling cost, then it is legit for you to get the full refund. If the shipping is at the seller expense, then it is correct that you must spend your own money to send it back to the seller because the company spend money and you (supposely) spend an equal amount of money which would cancel each other out (in the eyes of PayPal). If you want the shipping cost back, then you will have to go after the company.