Complaint Review: Peoples Credit First

• Reported By: Bowie TX
  • Peoples Credit First
    P.O. Box 15650-5650
    Tampa, Florida

Peoples Credit First ripoff manipulative dishonest thieves deception Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Don't let them get away with it

My husband and I are a young couple trying to get our credit off to a good start. I got on the internet and put in applications to different credit card company's hoping to get somewhere. Several letters and approvals came in for different card the majority of which were for secured cards.

We got a certificate in the mail saying we had been approved for a platinum card with a $5000 credit limit. Unsure about what we might be getting ourselves into we showed the certificate to my husbands father, who had been giving us much advice on getting credit started. He looked over the certificate as well as many other secureed card applications we had recieved in the mail and told us to go with the certificate. So, we wrote the check and sent it off.

Three weeks later we recieved a catalog package in the mail. To our disgust the credit card we had hoped to recieve was in fact a home shopping catalog membership! We can only purcahse from their catalog and online store, although there is no online store that I can find. Take a lesson from me and my husband, have more information before you send off your money. Know what kind of company you're sending money to and exactly what you're getting in return. I may be out $49, but I've learned a valuable lesson I hope no one else has to learn.

Ashley
Bowie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2002 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/peoples-credit-first/tampa-florida/peoples-credit-first-ripoff-manipulative-dishonest-thieves-deception-tampa-florida-36433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Don't let them get away with it

AUTHOR: michele - ()

I read you'r report and b/c I was one of the people who got scammed by these awful people I thought I should say something. I am in the process of having this company investigated by the Attorney's General office. Don't say oh well I lost $49.00, do something to fight back and get your money back. It takes time but why would you want people to rip you off like that. The more people that send complaints the better chance of shutting these people down. They continue to do this to people b/c most people don't want to take the time to fight back. You just got married, you should be using your money for good things for your husband and yourself, not letting scammers take it from you. Hope everything turns out good for you.