Complaint Review: Pep Boys (Victor Sanchez)

• Submitted: Wed, June 13, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012
  • Reported By: John FS — Celebration Florida United States of America
  • Pep Boys (Victor Sanchez)
    70 Blake Drive
    Celebration, Florida
    United States of America

Pep Boys (Victor Sanchez) Formerly Firestone Service Center Incompetent And Crooked - Avoid Them. Celebration, Florida

*Consumer Comment: facts

*Consumer Comment: Just walked into an auto parts store?

*Consumer Comment: Typical response

*General Comment: WOW thats so cool!

I called them this morning and asked the price for an A/C system elaluation.  I spoke with Rick, who told me there is no charge for an A/C evaluation, but I would have to leave my car for an hour or two.  I am a nearby resident, and told Rick I would be right over.

I surrendered the key after telling him, "It blows cool - but not cold.  I think it may only need to be charged with freon. Two hours later, he called me to tell me the system has major leaks, a crack in the condensor, the condensor fan doesn't work, etc. etc. He was going to have to have to order parts, etc. It was a pack of lies. The price for this FREE evaluation? $1,400. Also, he had evacuated all the freon from my system, so I would need to leave it to have the work done or drive a car whose A/C system now only blows HOT.

I walked back to the shop and asked for the Manager, Victor Sanchez as I felt he would like to know I was dissatisfied with this and wanted the car's A/C at least working the way it was when I dropped it off 2 hours earlier.

His response was basically, "Too bad.  Goodbye and don't come back".  I stopped at an auto parts store, bought some cans of freon, installed them and the system is running better than ever. Total expense?  About $60.  These guys are the reason our State regulates mechanics and makes them provide written estimates on all work.  In my case, he disposed of all the paperwork as we were talking, basically trying to make it look as if I'd never been there.  He is a very dishonest guy and I am cutting up my Pep Boys Card.  I will never do business with them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2012 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pep-boys-victor-sanchez/celebration-florida-34747/pep-boys-victor-sanchez-formerly-firestone-service-center-incompetent-and-crooked-avoi-897080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

facts

AUTHOR: classic muscle power - (USA)

I would like to state that there is a law in all states about the clean air act this is why repair shops must re-claim A/C refrigerant if there is a leak... and a shops is fined when they release any R-12 or R134A.

Just walked into an auto parts store?

AUTHOR: patti - (United States of America)

What store sold you this?

Typical response

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Attack the OP and problem is solved

#4 General Comment

WOW thats so cool!

AUTHOR: Bubba - (Canada)

You just admitted to recharging an Auto AC system without determining why it was low on refrigerant and fixing it. To bad the EPA seems to not enforce the law that would cost you thousands in fines. Oh well I'll just go back to doing the job correctly.