Complaint Review: Perma Plate

• Perma Plate
    P.O. Box 58
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    United States of America

Perma Plate Siskin Enterprises, Inc. Windshield insurance claim denied due to technicality Refusal to replace broken glass Should have read the small print! Salt Lake City, Utah

*Author of original report: PermaPlate made good

*General Comment: why?

*Author of original report: Read the small print

*UPDATE Employee: PermaPlate Response

Beware of dealings with Siskin Enterprises Perma Plate glass warranty. Paid the dealer $475 for a 5 year windshield replacement warranty on my new Toyota Tundra in 2008. Got a minor rock chip which spread into a crack all the way across. When I contacted Perma Plate they denied my claim because I didn't report it within 14 days of the initial damage. The lesson here is obvious....  Read the small print. You cannot trust this company to replace your broken windshield. They will take advantage of a trusting consumer in whatever way they can in order to deny the claim. This windshield warranty scam is just another way for the dealer and Perma Plate to make a buck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/perma-plate/salt-lake-city-utah-84110/perma-plate-siskin-enterprises-inc-windshield-insurance-claim-denied-due-to-technicality-999673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

PermaPlate made good

AUTHOR: permaplatevictom - (United States of America)

I was contacted by a rep from Permaplate/Siskin Enterprises and they informed me that the windshied warranty claim would be honored. They also said that they have now put wording in regards to how soon rock chip damage must be reported on the front of thier form where the consumer can see it easily. A glass repair person came out and replaced the windshield in my 2008 Tundra and it was fully covered by Permaplate. Thank you Permaplate and thank you Ripoff Report. I'm sure that my post on your forum was helpful to my cause.

#2 General Comment

why?

AUTHOR: mike - (United States of America)

why do you blame perma plate for what a sleazy used car sales man did to you?(im assuming used because a 2008 tundra in the year 2013 is not considered "new")

also as a glass tech yes timing is very important to repairs. A few days can mean the diff between a repair and a full replacement.

Im not defending a bad company but you really should read what you are givin and not expect anymore than that because of youre own misunderstandings.

Read the small print

AUTHOR: permaplatevictom - (United States of America)

Typical well stated response which is what you would expect from an insurance company professional apologizer. They are simply pointing out that by the terms of thier contract I was denied my claim. They are right and I am wrong. The point I wish to stress is this: When I was sitting in the car salesman's office and he said "Buy this windshield insurance and if your windshield ever cracks they will replace it", it leaves you assuming that a broken windshield will be covered under the warranty regardless of the circumstances. The salesman pushing this on you does not say "you have to file a claim within 14 days of a minor rock chip or the $475 you just spent will be wasted money".  They want to get your money and send you out the door as soon as possible. They don't tell you that virtually all comprehensive auto insurance policies contain a no deductable crack repair benefit so the insurance product they are pushing on you is a total waste of money. I got screwed the day I paid for the policy, I just didn't know it. Four years later, when I needed the "insurance" is when I found out. Moral of the story: don't be a dummy like me and waste your money on insurance scams being pushed on you by sleazy car dealers.

PermaPlate Response

AUTHOR: Siskin Enterprises Administrator - (United States of America)

For over three decades, the needs of our customers drive our business and it concerns us when a customer is not completely satisfied with their purchase of PermaPlate products.

The Windshield Protection Warranty specifically states that a claim must be filed within fourteen (14) days of noticing damage. This provision is designed to facilitate a repair procedure immediately, before it has a chance to escalate into a major crack requiring the entire windshield to be replaced.  Pricing for this program is based on such provisions; if notification periods were extended, pricing would most definitely have to be adjusted and may not be affordable to us or our customers.  As our warranties are backed by an A rated insurance carrier, PermaPlate is bound by the terms set forth on each warranty and it is necessary that the claim fall within the exact parameters of the warranty.

PermaPlate is most anxious to take care of its customers and provide excellent service, while maintaining adherence to the terms and conditions of the warranties.