Complaint Review: Philippine Air Lines

• Submitted: Thu, February 03, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, February 05, 2011
  • Reported By: Silvestre ''Bert'' Aguas — Riverside California United States of America
  • Philippine Air Lines

Internet
    United States of America

Philippine Air Lines PAL's failure to provide special meal as promised Internet

To whom it may concern:

Thank you for the opportunity to air this complaint. Due to my extensive oral surgery I can only eat blended or pureed food, and as such,my wife called your office on December 28th, waybefore our departure on Jan., via Flight #PR 103, to request special meal for me.

Couple of hours after the plane took off, when the meal was being served, my wife asked the flight attendant if the special meal requested was available. The server said there was no such request made and no such special meal was on board. Needless to say, we were both disappointed. Had it not been for the left-over yogurt I bought the airport's restaurant and the cookies I brought, I would have starve badly. You see, I am a cancer survivor and as such, I need to have regular sustenance to maintain my strength and health.

We usually used Cathay Pacific but on this particular trip, we choose PAL thinking we will be provided and assured with better service. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I hate to say, our expectation was ruined by the lack of commitment to serve your customers.

We do hope that when we return to California on Feb. 9th, via Flight PR103, our request for special meals (congee or arroz caldo, hot chocolate) will be available.

Pls. let us know if there is any problem or if you have any questions. Thank you for your kind attention.

Sincerely,

Silvestre 'Bert' Aguas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2011 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/philippine-air-lines/internet/philippine-air-lines-pals-failure-to-provide-special-meal-as-promised-internet-690601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content