Complaint Review: Progressive Business Publications

• Progressive Business Publications
    370 Technology Dr
    Malvern, Pennsylvania
    USA

Progressive Business Publications Threats of Legal Action, Never Ordered, Collections Malvern Pennsylvania

I just received a call from a collections agency stating that in July of 2013 I had ordered a publication called the "Quality Managers Alert" from Progressive Business Publications.  The collection agency is stating that I verbally agreed to receive a publication from this business and then get billed $299 after some period if I did not cancel.

I am the Vice President of a software company and I would NEVER have agreed to such a shady proposition.  I might have verified some information from them but would not have allowed a program that relied on me to call and cancel before some specific date to happen.

Now they are telling me that I owe 7 months of past fees, plus collection, etc.  I am NOT going to be pushed around by some shady publishing company that thinks that a misleading verbal agreement is some sort of legally binding contract.

If you ever hear from this company, hang up immediately.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/progressive-business-publications/malvern-pennsylvania-19355/progressive-business-publications-threats-of-legal-action-never-ordered-collections-mal-1124785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content