Complaint Review: Propark America - Risk Control Systems

• Propark America - Risk Control Systems
    1 Union Place
    Hartford, Connecticut
    United States of America

Propark America - Risk Control Systems Risk Control Systems Auto Valet Insurance Hartford, Connecticut

On New Years eve (12/31/09) I arrived at the Hotel Adagio and valeted my car a total of three nights. ProPark America provided the valet service for that hotel. The morning of New Years (the first morning after my first night's stay -- 1/1/10) I was walking by the parking lot nearby the hotel with my girlfriend.  In that parking lot we saw my car. While the car was still parked (in a ProPark America Parking lot and while the keys were still in ProPark's custody) both me and my girlfriend noticed a long abrasion as well as a dent in my car's driver's side.  As we got closer we noticed even more, smaller, less noticeable damages. None of these damages were there before I valeted my car as the car is in pristine condition.  I reported the damages to the valet and filled out a claim under the supervision of Asst. Mgr T. Young.

A week later I get a call from V. Liscomb (of Risk Control Systems, an in-house Insurance carrier for ProPark America) telling me, essentially, that if I decided to take this to court no-one would believe my claim. [continued below]....
.....  After a set of phone calls between Liscomb and I, I eventually get an "official" letter saying that "it appears that what was observed on your vehicle had been on the vehicle and appears to be normal wear-and-tear, or damage sustained within the normal course of using the vehicle."  After a few more phone calls to Mr. Liscomb, he eventually stopped returning my phone calls.

The damage cost over a thousand dollars.  Because of my experience in the "run-around" I was given by this company, and also the other reviews on this site, it's my opinion that this business operates a business model based on denying claims, and therefor is an insufficient carrier for Valet Insurance.  Dealing with this company was very unpleasant too, ruining a good memory for a nice trip to San Francisco.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/propark-america-risk-control-systems/hartford-connecticut-/propark-america-risk-control-systems-risk-control-systems-auto-valet-insurance-hartford-579920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content