Complaint Review: Publications Unlimited

• Reported By: Oviedo Florida
  • Publications Unlimited
    9625 W Sample Road
    Coral Springs, Florida

Publications Unlimited ordered magazines for me, I never ordered them and never would, ripoff. Coral Springs Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Does nto solicite

All of a sudden I started receiving two new magazine subscriptions. Both are adult type subscriptions and I would never have ordered them, since I have a young child in my home. The two magazines are Stuff and Maxim Magazines.

I checked with both magazines to learn how and why I started getting the subscriptions and I learned that they "originated" from a company named Publications Unlimited. I have never contacted this company to order the magazines, and when I attempted to contact them by phone it immediately goes to a automated system telling you to call back later.

When I checked online to gain information about the subscriptions it too does not allow you to file a complaint or question. I believe I may have been billed fraudulently by the company and would like to find out how and to what account but I have no way of contacting them. I noticed there was one other complaint about the company on your website and it is very similar to my complaint. Please let me know if you have any other information about the company, or a way to resolve my problem. Thank you!

Philip
Oviedo, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2005 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/publications-unlimited/coral-springs-florida-33065/publications-unlimited-ordered-magazines-for-me-i-never-ordered-them-and-never-would-ri-146045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Does nto solicite

AUTHOR: COMPANY CLARIFICATION - (United States of America)

Publications Unlimited USA, Inc. has been in business since 1949.  Publications
Unlimited USA is one of several processing centers for various independent
agents across the United States.  Publications Unlimited USA has never
solicited business to any subscribers.  Publications Unlimited USA does
not have a merchant account in which consumers claim they are charged. We
have NEVER received any monies from any subscribers, however, in the interest
of good will, whenever a publisher has referred us on a complaint we have done
everything in our power to resolve any problem by attempting to contact the
company that originally placed the subscription and have when possible made
arrangements for a refund.   If you have been referred to Publications
Unlimited USA, please feel free to contact our customer service department M -
F at 800-267-2611 and we will try to help you in anyway we can.

Before calling us, we do suggest you contact the company in which you paid,
referencing your check, bank records or your credit card statement.  If
you receive no satisfaction, please, feel free to call us.