Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts, OFV; Miracle Ear

• Reported By: Homosassa Florida
  • Ramada Plaza Resorts, OFV; Miracle Ear
    2419 E Commercial Blvd, Ste 100
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ramada Plaza Resorts, OFV; Miracle Ear BAIT & SWITCH SCAM? Fort Lauderdale Florida

We rec'd a letter mailed 2/1/08, from the Certification Office of Collins, Martin & Isaacs, KC, MO, that if my husband had a hearing test we would receive a 3-day, 2-night vacation with 15 locations to choose from. One of the 15 in the brochure was St. Pete's Beach, Florida.

He had the test 2/11/08 and we rec'd the brochure. We selected St. Pete's Beach and I mailed in my $50 refundable deposit on 6/4/08. The check cleared on 7/1/08. They were to send a confirmation which I had to reconfirm prior to 60 days before the reserved date (9/24/08).

It is now 7/21/08 so I called the Ramada Plaza Resorts O.F.V. locations 800-203-9783. During 3 separate phone calls I was transferred 10-11 times, disconnected twice, and on my last 44 minute call 954-630-9449, (about 40 minutes on hold) I was told they no longer offer St. Pete's Beach and I would have to select another location. I was devastated as we had made plans with other people and were meeting with a friend in that area who is dying of cancer. No other destination is acceptable. When I asked information from 'Patricia' in customer service 1-800-203-9783, I was rudely informed that I either pick another location or get my money back. She said they haven't had that location since January.

I don't know what this scam is about, but they have had my money for over 6 weeks, with my phone number, and I would think that any reputable company would have their customer service dept. call to inform them of this problem. And why did we not receive any type of confirmation? I am so disgusted with this Ramada Plaza Resort scam which I found to be so prevalent on the internet with 1270 specific complaints (and I am adding this one) that I don't think we will patronize Miracle Ear again when his new hearing aids break.

Sharyn
Homosassa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2008 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ramada-plaza-resorts-ofv-miracle-ear/fort-lauderdale-florida-33308/ramada-plaza-resorts-ofv-miracle-ear-bait-switch-scam-fort-lauderdale-florida-353646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content