Complaint Review: Readers Choice Promotions

1 north superior street
    Sandusky, Ohio
    United States of America

Readers Choice Promotions Like to scam inocent people Sandusky, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Same Problem!

I bought magazines thinking that I would only recieve them for a year. About 3 months ago they called me and said that I can pay off the subscription full by only paying for 2 payments of 60% of the bill, which I did. I just recieved a collection notice saying that I owe 886.00 which is crap. Luckly, they do not have my cc number. I am very frustrated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/readers-choice-promotions/sandusky-ohio-44870/readers-choice-promotions-like-to-scam-inocent-people-sandusky-ohio-1012579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Same Problem!

AUTHOR: Cellulita - ()

They are threatening to send my account to collections which I've told them to do numerous amounts of times. They have yet to do so. Did you pay or did it go to collections? I asked for a name of a collection agency that they use and they refused to give me one. I told them if I could verify that they were a "real" company and they had the power to use collections I would pay. I asked if they had military discounts and they took off $700! They have no evidence if I'm military or am affiliated with the military (which I am). That was a huge red flag to me. I obviously don't want my credit to be hurt by this so I'm trying to find out whether or not to pay the remaining $128. Also, they do not have my CC or SSN. I am new to this site so I posted in rebuttal, any advice would be greatly appreciated.