Complaint Review: Red Dog Media

228 Park Avenue S #74122, NY, NY 10003-1502
    New York City, New York
    United States of America

Red Dog Media PC Utility Kit Flim-Flam Shell Game New York City, New York

I needed a computer cleaner (for registry keys) and was searching for one that was free. I came across PC Utility Kit. It said "Free" however, it took me to a page where I had to pay $29.97, just to get out. The next page had an 888 number and I called it to tell them I didn't want it. The man I spoke with claimed that this product was Microsoft and that he was a Microsoft representative. This product may be Microsoft compatible but that's not the same thing as BEING Microsoft!

I told him I didn't want the product and he became cold and distant. He said everything would be alright but after we hung up, my computer was working worse than before I spoke with him. He asked me for my email address and I believe he did a 'trash dump' on my computer. Later, I found my bank had been charged $39.94!!!

I got the name of a really good and genuinely free uninstaller from my computer person (Revo Uninstaller) and I removed the PC Utility Kit and the trash dump off of my computer. I also got another really good registry cleaner called FixRegCleaner. I had to pay for this one, but it works well and I don't mind having to pay for something that works so well.

PC Utility Kit is a lemon and the company a flim-flam shell game. I don't recommend getting involved with this company that went by the name of Red Dog Media. I see they have changed that name to Boost By Reason. Don't walk, run!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/red-dog-media/new-york-city-new-york-10003-1502/red-dog-media-pc-utility-kit-flim-flam-shell-game-new-york-city-new-york-1021675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content