Complaint Review: Red Rock financial Services

Las Vegas, Nevada
    USA

Red Rock financial Services Excess fees Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: check your state's statutes on HOAs' collection remedies

Last January, we did not received out HOA dues and because of the crazy Christmas season, we completely forgot the send it in. In April we got 2 certified mail, addressed to me and my wife as both our name is on the title. We are being charged $361.00 for failing to pay our HOA dues of $72.00. This is outragous. I made a call the the company, put on hold for 45min and finally spoke to a person that says I can appeal but it has to go to the board for approval. I decided to make a monthly payment while waiting for the board to review my case to lower the payment. This went on for about 6 months till I got a notice in the mail late October that I still owed the same amout plus processing fee of $50.00. They are raping us on fees upon fees. Sending 2 certified mail to the same address for both me and my wife is a little overboard and charging us twice for that.Is this even legal?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2013 12:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/red-rock-financial-services/las-vegas-nevada-89118/red-rock-financial-services-excess-fees-las-vegas-nevada-1103138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

check your state's statutes on HOAs' collection remedies

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

It is very serious when the HOA is sending you the communication through certified mail. In most state's if you are in arrears in your HOA fees not only can the HOA add collections costs to the amount due but they can also lien your property and foreclose on it! I have seen HOA foreclosures over very small amounts (less than $200). The HOA in most states has priority lien rights and can foreclose even if you are current on your mortgage. There are legal complications if you have a mortgage that is current, but it certainly can be done and is a regular occurance.

Naturally you wouldn't let it get this far, but remember, the HOA can move very fast in comparison with how long a bank takes to foreclose on a mortgage.

If it were me and my property, I would pay the dues and the collection fees and not take the risk. Check with an attorney in your area for your options, but your least expensive option appears to be paying the HOA its fee and the penalties associated with the late payment.