Complaint Review: River Haven Kennel

• River Haven Kennel
    2860 state route 376
    stockport, Ohio
    United States of America

River Haven Kennel Dianne Jones POOR quality dogs represented as breedable dogs. stockport, Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: registration papers

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: True facts

I traded a champion buff male 3 years old for two champion pedigree, breedable girls. one a tri color that was sent way too tiny to breed and a nervous temperment and a black/tan girl that has a bad bite and a cherry eye which is a hereditary defect. I wanted $2000 for my champion boy. so i figured to settle this sneaky move on Dianne's part to pawn off defective dogs on others i told her i would take the difference from what i could sell her pet dogs for and the price of the champion boy. i sold the tri girl $700 to be spayed. and she was. so she owe's me $300 from that and im still stuck with the black/tan girl. no one wants a dog with a bad bite and cherry. to fix her eye is $200. Needless to say im not sending the boys papers till im compensated for the difference.

Dianne at one point said she'd take the dogs back by her friend and replace them with other puppies down the road. i said no trade till i could see what she was sending me first. so im still waiting for money back.and she is still waiting for papers.
LESSON: never trust health certificates! always speak to vet while its happening and ask about: bites, hernias, size, temperments,fleas, ticks, ear infections and ask about quality of eyes.
hope this helps someone else whos buying a dog from anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/river-haven-kennel/stockport-ohio-43787/river-haven-kennel-dianne-jones-poor-quality-dogs-represented-as-breedable-dogs-stockpo-985089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

registration papers

AUTHOR: Dianne - ()

After nearly a year and a half I finally have the promised papers. Thankyou  for finally making this right.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

True facts

AUTHOR: Dianne - ()

First off Candy's dog was listed online for $1500.00 not $2000.00. My 2 girls were listed for $600.00 and $500.00. Candy agreed to an even trade, papers to be sent with the dogs from her airport to mine. She got her papers, i did not. Absolutely nothing was promised as to what either of us could resell any of the dogs for.

Candy has since sold both dogs and to my understanding with a puppy back contract for the dog with the bad bite that I offered to replace without even charging her shipping. Unbreedable??? The dog did not have cherryeye when she recieved it. Probably was an injury as it is not proven to be heriditary. My vet did miss the bite issue, as did I. That is why I offered to replace or return her dog for mine shipping free. She refused. All she wanted was cash money, not the dogs she traded for!

As to the champion sired dog being to small. Yes, we have spent years breeding for under 20# adults. Plainly stated in my add. We are proud to have accomplished that without inbreeding or mix breeding. Do not know how big she is as an adult but she was only a puppy when Candy traded for her so there really was no way to tell.

Currently our kennel club  is supposed to be looking into the matter concerning my registration papers. According to them Candy has refused to reply.