Complaint Review: Roanoke Gas

Roanoke, Virginia
    United States of America

Roanoke Gas Pam, Roanoke Gas is an ISSUE Roanoke, Virginia

Ripoff Report,

I am writing you this evening unexpectedly but I've found nowhere else to go for my issue. Recently I was misbilled for a product and charged by the Roanoke City Gas Company $99.00 for the lighting of a Furnace. A representative was already scheduled to cut on my gas. The individual that came out deemed my furnace too old/damaged to light. He did not light my furnace, yet I was billed by the Roanoke Gas Company 3 weeks later.

I was greeted by the Roanoke Gas Company with nothing but rudeness, lack of transparency, disregard, and lack of professionalism. This is one of the worst business ethical occurrences I have ever seen. This is abusive as a City of Roanoke citizen and flat out disgusting of what I've been through trying to reach somebody "helpful". Who looks over the service industry to insure they provide reasonable service when my only other option is to live without heat?

I hope you know what is going on in the frontlines. After explaining the issue to Pam (of Roanoke, VA) this evening she placed me on hold at 4:30 P.M. She kept me on hold for 30 minutes then "conveniently" disconnected at 5:00 P.M. Absolutely disgusting. Little to say the office closes at 5:00 P.M. she hung up and left... speechless right? Why do service industries lack this professionalism? This bill on my record is an error amongst their system they refuse to correct and expect me to pay for. Where is the professionalism and better yet, where is the "Service".

The service representative that came into my home provided no transparency, answered no questions, and did NOT say I would be billed for what he did not do.

Dale Harless, the manager of Roanoke Gas claimed he would relay my message to the higher-ups but not to expect anything. He also refused to give me any information of who he was contacting or how to contact them myself. What's to hide?

Roanoke Gas is a dissapointment and an embarassment to the City of Roanoke.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/roanoke-gas/roanoke-virginia-24016/roanoke-gas-pam-roanoke-gas-is-an-issue-roanoke-virginia-1005613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content